I love blueberries. I like to use fresh blueberries until they are available. Blueberry and strawberry taste very delicious together and this milkshake uses both.
Milkshakes are very quick to make and are very healthy. You can make them with the fruit of your choice. Some fruits are sour and so while making a milkshake use chilled milk or ice so that they do not react with milk and curdle it.
I have used ripe strawberry and blueberry for the milkshake and milk powder to make it thick and creamier. Some people prefer using vanilla ice cream. However, I do not want to add more calories to this yummy treat and so I have used low-fat milk and milk powder.
If you do not have fresh strawberry or blueberries, use frozen that are available.
For a vegan version, use almond milk or plain soy milk instead of regular milk and use almond powder in place of milk powder to make it thicker.
It is a good source of energy for people who observe fast and do not eat the entire day.
I like to make it for Sunday breakfast or treat my son after his sports activities.
You can simply enjoy it anytime you want!!!
Strawberry Blueberry Milkshake
- 125 g strawberry washed and chopped
- 125 g blueberries washed
- 3 tbsp milk powder
- 6 tsp sugar or as per taste. ( I have used raw sugar) you can use plain white sugar
- 1.5 cup milk Use chilled milk
- In a mixer, jar add the chopped strawberry, blueberry, and sugar.
- Add milk powder to it.
- Blend it into a smooth paste.
- Add milk to it and blend it till smooth.
- Now remove the milkshake in a bowl. (I have strained the milk shake with soup strainer. As my son does not like the seeds coming in it).
- Pour in glasses and serve it chill.
- The milkshake is ready. Enjoy it chilled.