Try your hands at this simple and easy to make egg-less chocolate cupcake recipe. It has vinegar in it, which acts with baking soda and helps in rising the cake. This makes the cake fluffier and softer. The moisture in the cake is maintained with the help of oil used for baking.
This is the basic chocolate cupcake. You can make vanilla cupcake following the same procedure, the only difference is that you have to use cornflour instead of cocoa powder and vanilla extract to get vanilla flavor. The taste of the cake can be enhanced by adding different nuts to it. I have baked the egg-less strawberry cupcake by using vinegar.
You can frost the cake with the frosting of your choice or decorate the cake with different themes.
I love baking this simple egg-less cake . I have recently baked them for my son’s birthday celebration at his school.
I am sure you will enjoy to bake them!! Happy Baking!!
Eggless Chocolate Cupcake
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (if you want to make vanilla flavored cupcake, then add 3 tbsp of cornflour instead of cocoa powder and 1 tsp vanilla extract. The rest ingredients and procedure remains the same)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vinegar I have used apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar I have used small granulated sugar. You can powder if you have big granules of sugar.
- In a bowl add milk and add vinegar to it. Mix it. Keep it aside for 5 minutes. The milk will start curdling as shown.
- In the meantime, sift the dry ingredients (all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt). Line the muffin mould/tray with cupcake liners and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add oil and sugar. Beat them with a hand whisk till sugar dissolves.
- Now add the curdled milk to it and mix them well for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredient gradually in batches and mix them gently.
- The cake batter is ready. Do not overmix them.
- Fill the batter with the help of spoon in the cupcake liners. It will be around two tablespoon per mould.
- Tap the mold gently and bake them in the preheated oven @ 180 C for 15-18 minutes. The time varies from oven to oven.mve
- After 15-18 minutes check and remove the mold. Remove from the oven and cool them. The cupcakes are ready to use now.