Once you know to knead the dough for making bread, you can further experiment to make different kinds of breads. Here’s a step by step process of kneading bread flour and baking it to make Whole Wheat Bread.
I have mentioned in that recipe that I will show you the step by step process of making whole wheat nutella flower bread, so here we go! The other day I had only used half of my dough in making the bread loaf . The other half I had used for making whole wheat nutella flower bread and whole wheat braided bread.
You can use the entire measured flour for making a whole big nutella flower bread or can divide it into two, three or four parts making small size nutella flower bread with the other parts. The quantity of nutella used for making the flower bread will vary as per the size you make.
For making the flower bread, the procedure for making the bread dough remains the same till the second proving or second rise of the bread. After that please go through the step by step process I have shared below.
When this nutella filled bread is baking in the house, the aroma it releases is too tempting and you just can’t wait to have one as soon as it is baked.
This nutella flower bread looks elegant and is the perfect dish to be taken for a potluck or can be had during the high tea parties or kitty parties along with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
Nutella Flower Whole Wheat Bread
- 4 cup whole wheat flour Use 3.5 cups for kneading and 0.5 cups for dusting and further addition of dough if required for kneading.
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp instant dry yeast (two sachet of 7 gm)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup water (luke warm)
- 3/4 cup milk luke warm
- 4 tbsp oil and little more for greasing dough
- 1 tbsp butter brushing the flower bread
- 1 tbsp extra milk brushing the flower bread
- 4 tbsp nutella
- After the second proving as mentioned in the recipe for whole wheat flour, take the flour and roll it in the shape of a log as shown and cut it into four equal parts.
- Now make them into balls and flatten them.
- Take a butter paper and place one flatten ball over it.
- Place other butter paper on it and roll it into a circle.
- Now with a help of a round cutter or plate or a container as shown mark a circle on it as shown.
- With a butter knife apply nutella over it. If nutella is thick then warm it in microwave for 30 seconds and then apply.
- Now Keep it aside and with the other flattened ball roll another circle. Place that over the nutella applied circle and mark a circle with the cutter as shown. Apply nutella over it. This becomes the second layer.
- Similarly make the third layer and apply nutella over it.
- Now for the last layer take the last left flatten ball and roll a circle and place over the nutella applied layer. With the help of the sharp cutter cut the into circle and remove the excess layer .
- In the center of the circle, place a round cutter or glass or a bottle lid as shown.
- Cut the cirlce first into four parts, then cut each parts into half and then again into half resulting a total of sixteen parts as shown.
- Grab two parts, one in each of your hands and twist them in opposite directions gently as shown.
- This will end up in making this kind of flower.
- Join the petal edges with each other in the end as shown. Keep it covered for the second proving for 45 minutes. Brush it with milk .
- Bake it in preheated oven at 200 deg celcius for 20 -25 minutes or till golden. Whole wheat nutella flower is ready to serve. Brush it with butter to get a nice taste and glaze. Serve it warm.
1 thought on “Nutella Flower Whole Wheat Bread”
looking so beautiful..