The perfect starter or snack which goes well with any soup, coffer, juice or mocktail.
The recipe uses basil pesto and whole wheat bread. My son wanted to eat garlic bread – I was planning to make the basil pesto – and so got the idea of baking the pesto garlic bread with home made bread. Every one at the home enjoyed the freshly baked whole wheat pesto garlic bread.
The recipe has two steps:
preparing pesto garlic spread
applying the spread on bread and baking it.
I have made fresh basil pesto. But you can make it earlier and it can be refrigerated for a week or can be frozen for further use. If the pesto is ready you can make the garlic pesto bread whenever you want. It goes well with the Italian cuisine.
If the basil pesto is ready then just mix cheese, butter and seasoning in it. Apply this to the slices of bread and just pop it in oven and bake it till crisp. Serve it with ketchup.
You can use the bread of your choice.
Whole Wheat Pesto Garlic Bread
- 1 cup basil pesto can check my basil pesto recipe
- 12 slices whole wheat bread I have used whole wheat bread. you can use the bread of your choice.
- 50 gm mozarella cheese
- 25 gm butter I have used less as basil pesto also has oil in it. But if you want to use more you can.
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- salt as per taste
- Take basil pesto in the bowl.
- Add the mozarella cheese and garlic paste to it.
- Add the butter to it. Mix it well.
- Cut the bread slices as per your choice.
- Apply the pesto garlic spread on the bread.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 7-8 minutes or till cheese melts and bread is crispy at 250 C. ( the baking time varies from oven to oven)
- Whole wheat pesto garlic bread are ready.
- Serve them hot.