Kebabs is a popular snack dish. It is served as starters. It can be made by combining different vegetables, pulses, paneer, and cheese. Today, I am sharing with you kebabs made from rajma (kidney beans).
They are very easy to make. They are shallow fried and thus contains less oil. They are packed with proteins, vitamins, minerals and fibre. They are tasty and a very healthy snack.
They can be prepared in advance. Shallow fry and serve them. They are crispy and golden from outside and soft from inside.
Serve them hot with mint coriander chutney.
Rajma Sheekh Kebab
- 1 cup rajma kidney beans
- 2 small potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1/4 cup capsicum chopped
- 1/4 cup cauliflower grated
- 1/4 cup carrot grated
- 1/4 cup coriander chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onion
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- salt as per taste
- oil to shallow fry
- few wooden skewers
- Soak rajma for 5-6 hours and boil them. Drain and cool them. Grind the cooled rajma. Now mix all the above ingredients and spices well. The stuffing for kebab is ready.
- Divide the stuffing into balls. Take one ball in the palm. Insert the wooden skewer into the ball. Roll into a log and give them triangle shape as shown. If you want you can dust cornflour over it. I did not use cornflour. The kebab did not become soggy due to rajma.
- Shallow fry them on the flat pan till golden.
- Just before serving re-fry on the pan to make it more crisp. Serve the kebabs with green coriander mint chutney.