To make Ribbon sandwich, spread butter, chutney, ketchup and fill a moist filling on one slice of bread and then cover with another bread slice. Press them firmly. Then wrap them in a damp cloth and chill for 2-3 hours. The moist filling helps to hold the slices together. Before serving cut the sandwich lengthwise. Arrange on the platter and serve.
You can make them with different types of fillings and in different layers, all stacked together.
Ribbon sandwich is a good finger food and can be made in advance before a party, get together, picnic or a potluck. It is popular amongst kids too.
A sandwich which is made by cutting the bread lengthwise like a ribbon. It is a finger sandwich and can be made in advance for a party, picnic or a potluck.
Servings 2 sandwich
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese paneer, grated
- 1/4 cup capsicum green, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup cucumber chopped finely
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- salt as per taste
For assembling sandwich
- 4 slice Bread edges trimmed.
- 1 tbsp green coriander chutney
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- butter to spread over
- cotton cloth
- 1 bowl water
- Mix all the ingredients for filling.
- Take two slices of bread and apply butter over them. Spread green chutney on one bread slice and tomato ketchup on another slice.
- Put the prepared filling on the chutney spread bread slice. Cover it with the ketchup spread bread slice. Similarly, repeat making with other bread slices.
- Wet the cotton cloth and wrap the prepared sandwiches as shown. Refrigerate them atleast for 2-3 hours before serving.
- While serving, remove the cloth and cut them vertically .
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 611mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 550IU | Vitamin C: 37.1mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1.8mg
2 thoughts on “Ribbon Sandwich”
Nice Khyati thanks for sharing ur sandwich…I will definately make it…
very tempting sandwich!!