To make Ribbon sandwich, spread butter, chutney, ketchup and fill a moist filling on one slice of bread and then cover with another bread slice. Press them firmly. Then wrap them in a damp cloth and chill for 2-3 hours. The moist filling helps to hold the slices together. Before serving cut the sandwich lengthwise. Arrange on the platter and serve.
You can make them with different types of fillings and in different layers, all stacked together.
Ribbon sandwich is a good finger food and can be made in advance before a party, get together, picnic or a potluck. It is popular amongst kids too.
- Mix all the ingredients for filling.
- Take two slices of bread and apply butter over them. Spread green chutney on one bread slice and tomato ketchup on another slice.
- Put the prepared filling on the chutney spread bread slice. Cover it with the ketchup spread bread slice. Similarly, repeat making with other bread slices.
- Wet the cotton cloth and wrap the prepared sandwiches as shown. Refrigerate them atleast for 2-3 hours before serving.
- While serving, remove the cloth and cut them vertically .