Apple date Shake is a very healthy and delicious shake made by blending apple, dates, nuts together and topped with chia seeds. It is sugar free and gluten free. It is a perfect breakfast to kick start your day. To make it vegan, use almond milk.
This shake can be enjoyed while fasting or vraat or upwaas. My mother (Rekha Ramolia) always makes it on her fasting days like Thursday or Ekadasi (11th day of moon as per Hindu calendar).
She made this delicious apple date shake when she had fast for breakfast. I also enjoyed it with her. I liked the shake. She did not add any sugar to it and hence I would prefer having it. The sweetness in the shake is achieved by dates and apple. However you can add sugar or honey if you prefer it to be more sweeter. The apple date shake also contains dry nuts which provides good energy and filling when one is fasting. One glass of this shake would give you energy for next 3-4 hours. I enjoyed biting the chia seeds while drinking my milk shake.
Since the shake is make from milk and is combined with apple, it is best to consume it immediately upon serving, The milkshake will curdle if kept long. If you want to make and refrigerate the milkshake and consume later, I would prefer to use non dairy milk such as almond milk, or soy milk. You can make this milk shake vegan by choosing non dairy milk. I prefer almond milk goes well. However you can use soy milk or coconut milk. The later two will give a change in taste.
So friends enjoy making this powerful energy drink and kickstart your family day by a healthy breakfast!!
Apple date Shake
- 3 medjool dates chopped, or use any dates you have
- 5 walnuts chopped
- 5 almonds chopped
- 5 macadamia chopped
- 1 apple washed and chopped
- 2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds soaked
- In a blender jar, add chopped dates, almonds, walnuts, macadamia and apple. (Use the nuts of your choice).
- Add a cup of milk.
- Blend into a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining milk and blend all together. The apple date shake is ready.
- Serve in a serving glass and top with a tbsp of chia seeds. Enjoy the apple date shake. ( Consume quickly after serving to avoid from curdling of milk).