Churma Laddoo / Whole Wheat Laddoo
These laddoos are offered to Lord Ganesha during Ganesh Chathurthi. These laddoos are very tasty. They have a nice texture and are irresistable. They are full of energy and can be stored for 10 days and can be relished while travelling. They can be served in lunch or dinner with other accompaniments. Even in the morning eating one laddoo will give you energy till lunch.
Servings 21 laddoos
- 2 cups whole wheat flour These is also known as laddoo flour or bhakari flour. It is little grainy and rough then the normal chapati flour.
- 1/2 cup gram flour
- 1/3 cup semolina (sooji)
- 1/4 cup oil any oil which does not have smell can be used. i have used here groundnut oil as it gives nice nutty taste.
- 1/2 cup powdered or chopped mixed dryfruits almonds, cashewnut, pistachio, walnuts, sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup clarified butter or pure ghee
- 1 cup grated jaggery, (gur)
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds (optional)
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- luke warm water for kneading
- oil for frying
- Take a big broad bowl. Take whole wheat rough and grainy laddoo flour. Add gram flour to it and then semolina flour and mix well. Add oil to it and mix well till the mixture looks like bread crumbs.
- Take lukewarm water and pour slowly in the flour mix and knead into a thick dough.
- Now take a small ball in hand and press it with the help of your fist and shape them flat as shown in picture. This is called a 'muthia'.
- repeat this for all the other 'muthias'.
- Heat oil and deep fry the muthias on low flame till golden.
- Fry all the muthias.
- Break this muthias into small pieces with hand once they cool down.
- Now grind them into a fine powder and then if required sieve the mixture to get even powder.
- Add powdered or chopped dryfruits in the mixture and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder in the mixture. Mix well.
- Now take ghee in a broad pan. And heat it.
- Once ghee melts and is heated add the jaggery into it.
- Mix nicely stirring continously till the mixture is bubbly. Remove from the heat. Do no overcook it. this is important and hence take care while heating jaggery. if overcooked then the laddoos will become chewy.
- Pour jaggery mix into the wheat flour mixture. And mix them well with a spoon as it will be hot.
- The mixture to be shaped into laddoos is ready. Keep aside for five minutes to cool before making laddoos.
- Now take a portion in a hand and smoothen it like a ball and roll it in the poppy seeds. Make all the laddoos similarly. Now a days we get different moulds for making laddoos of different shapes and size so you can use them and make desired laddoos shape. Sprinkle poppy seeds on them.
- Laddoos are ready and can be offered to Lord Ganesha.
These laddoos can be prepared with sugar instead of using jaggery. Use powder sugar as per the sweetness required . After adding cardamon powder in the above steps add the powder sugar in the laddo mix and then add heated ghee in it and mix well and make laddoos..
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 116mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.9mg