We are currently getting very good blueberries in Sydney. Blueberries are small purple colored sweet fruit. It can be eaten fresh. It is also processed and is available as a frozen fruit throughout the year. We can make different dishes such as juice, jam, ice cream, cake, smoothie, milkshake, muffins from blueberry. I love blueberries and like to use it in making different dishes. I often make smoothie and milkshake from blueberries. This time I thought of making muffins using blueberries. I wanted to make them egg-less.
I tried them for the very first time and the result was amazing.
I tried them to make them healthy by using whole wheat flour, olive oil in place of butter, fresh lemon juice.
Lemon juice reacts with the leavening agents and helps to make muffin fluffier and soft.
I have tried to use the simple ingredients available in the pantry. You can replace olive oil with any refined oil of your choice.
They are very easy to make and are a healthy treat for the kid’s lunch box, morning breakfast or evening high tea.
Make sure you measure the ingredients as per the recipe while baking cakes, cookies or muffins.
You can try this recipe with strawberry, cranberry or choc chips.
Eggless Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour maida
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup warm milk and a tbsp of more if required
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour for coating blueberries
- Sift all the dry ingredients - whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Keep aside.
- Coat the blueberries with all purpose flour and keep it aside. This helps to prevent blueberries from sinking to bottom while baking.
- In a mixing bowl add warm milk. Add lemon juice to it, stir and keep it aside for 5 minutes to curdle.
- The milk we curdle as shown.
- Add olive oil to it.
- Add sugar and mix well till sugar is dissolved.
- Add vanilla essence to it. Mix well.
- Now add gradually the sifted flour into batches and mix well. Take care there are no lumps.
- Fold in the coated blueberries into the batter. Mix slowly.
- Line the muffin tray with baking cups.
- Pour1/4 cup of batter into each cup. Tap the tray.
- Bake the muffins at 180 C for 20-25 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean when inserted. The muffins are ready and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Eggless Blueberry Muffins are ready to serve.