Eggless Vanilla Plum Jam Cupcake is a soft and delicious eggless cupcake made with custard powder and plum jam. Plum jam is but in the batter and is spread on the top of the batter while baking the cake. The cake looks beautiful with the nice colour of plum jam over it. Enjoy them warm or cold with coffee, tea or warm milk. Serve them as a breakfast or dessert or you can pack them in kids lunch boxes.
The color of the plum jam will may discolour sometime after 3-4 days. But they will still taste equally good.
Eggless Vanilla Plum Jam Cupcake
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour maida
- 3 tbsp custard powder vanilla flavor
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vinegar (I have used apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup milk lukewarm
- 3/4 cup sugar I have used raw sugar. You can use the regular sugar.
- 4 tbsp plum jam You can use jam of your choice such as mixed fruit, strawberry, blackcurrant.
- In a bowl add milk and add vinegar to it. Mix it. Keep it aside for 5 minutes. The milk will start curdling as shown.
- In the meantime, sift the dry ingredients (all purpose flour, custard powder, baking soda and salt). Line the muffin mould/tray with cupcake liners and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add oil and sugar. Beat them with a hand whisk till sugar dissolves.
- Now add the curdled milk to it and mix them well for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of plum jam and mix well.
- Mix them well.
- Add the dry ingredient gradually in batches and mix them gently.
- The cake batter is ready. Do not overmix them.
- Fill the batter with the help of spoon in the cupcake liners. It will be around two tablespoon per mould.
- Put the remaining 2 tbsp plum jam on the batter as shown in the pic.
- Tap the cupcake tray gently and bake in the preheated oven @ 180 C for 18-20 minutes. The time varies from oven to oven.
- After 18-20 minutes check and remove the mold. Remove from the oven and cool them. The cupcakes are ready to use now.
- The cupcakes are ready to serve. Serve them warm with cup of tea or coffee. They can be refrigerated for a week in airtight container.