This is my 50th recipe! I thank all my viewers for supporting me and motivating me. It is your Inspiration that keeps my site going.
I was waiting to reach the 50th recipe mark. I wanted a dish that would be easy and irresistible to make and so I thought of baking some cookies. I love baking. So now which cookie?
My son does not like to eat walnuts in raw form. He is very fussy about eating them. Walnuts not only taste great but are a rich source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. Hence I contemplated about making a cookie from walnuts.
I was surfing through different types of walnut cookies recipe and then I saw a Turkish kind of walnut cookie. They had used oil and butter to make the cookie. That reminded me of how our elders used oil and clarified butter (ghee) as Mohan for making crisp and melt in the mouth poori or shakarpada. I thought of using the same for baking my walnut cookie and that resulted in baking the melt in the mouth walnut cookies.
I have used honey and cinnamon. Honey helps in getting a nice golden crust of the cookie. It helps in retaining moisture in the cookies and less sugar is used. Cinnamon gives nice spicy flavor to the cookie.
I have crushed the walnuts, however, you can even chop them if you want a crunchier taste. For variation, you can sprinkle choco chips or sugar on them.
This is an eggless cookie. It is loaded with the goodness of walnuts, honey, and cinnamon. You will not be able to resist having more.
They are a good alternative for the kids’ lunchbox. A perfect treat with evening tea. Just serve them freshly baked during High Tea.
Eggless Walnut And Honey Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup self raising flour If you do not have self raising flour then add 1 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt to the all purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts crushed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp honey
- 100 g unsalted butter soften. If you do not have unsalted butter then use salted butter and omit the salt to be added. Also you can use clarified butter (ghee) which is in granular (danedar)
- 1/4 cup oil any oil that has no smell. I have used refined sunflower oil .
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a bowl, take soften butter. Add sugar, honey and oil.
- Whisk them all together till the sugar melts and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix whole wheat flour, self raising flour and salt.
- Add the whisked butter mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix them with a hand whisk. Add crushed walnut and cinnamon powder.
- With hands mix them well and knead into a soft dough.
- Take a small ball in the hands. Flatten it. Put it on the butter paper sheet lined for the tray. With help of fork make criss cross patterns.
- Bake them @ 180 C for around 15-17 minutes or till golden brown. They will be very soft when removed from the oven. Cool them completely on a wire rack and store in the airtight containers.
- Cookies are ready to serve.
7 thoughts on “Eggless Walnut And Honey Cookies”
very awesome and looks melt in mouth.
Thank for the lovely recipe wil surely make
What you did with walnuts and cinnamon? It is not mentioned here
Thank you for reading the recipe. I have updated the details of walnuts and cinnamon. In the 5th step add crushed walnuts and cinnamon to the mixture and then knead into the dough. Thank you once again and happy cooking!!
I tried your recipe. Came out super delicious. My husband, in particular, loved the flavour and texture. Thanks a ton! 🙂
Thank you so much for trying out the recipe. I am glad you all liked it.
Can you please tell me what is 1 cup measurement in grams?