It is a nice chilly Friday evening and want something tasty but not fried. My son suggested french fries, but I did not want it to be fried. So just thought of baking them. I has this fresh rosemary in the fridge. And so decided to make them.
The big and starchy types of potatoes are ideal for this dish. You can also make the same dish with sweet potato.
This roasted potatoes can be served with ketchup or some cheesy dip. They are perfect for parties. They should be marinated and kept before the party, and can then be just popped into the oven in batches and served hot.
They can be enjoyed by any age group. You can vary the marination with different combinations.
Roasted Potato With Fresh Rosemary And Garlic
- Clean and wash the potatoes. Cut them into halves and parboil them in boiling water for five minutes. Drain them and dry them on a kitchen towel. Then cut them into the wedges.
- Take olive oil in the bowl
- Add the garlic , rosemary, black pepper and salt. Mix them well. The marinade is ready.
- Coat well potatoes in them and let them marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Till then preheat the oven to 220 deg celcius along with the lined baking sheet.
- Now place the marinated potatoes on the greased and lined baking tray and bake them for 30 min or till golden brown and crisp turning once after 15 min.
- They are ready to serve.
- Serve them.