Fresh fruit juices are always good to have. They are very easy to make and contain more nutrients than packed juices. They do not contain any preservative and hence are very healthy.
This is the recipe for strawberry pomegranate juice.
Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamins C and K and provide a good dose of fiber, folic acid, manganese, and potassium. Pomegranate is a good source of antioxidant, Vitamin C, E, K (aids digestion), folate and potassium. They help to lower blood pressure.
The juice is therefore rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It helps to detoxify the body and build up the immunity of our body.
It does not require any additional sugar and hence is sugarfree. However, you can use honey.
You can have this juice plain or can add some rock salt (sanchal) and cumin powder.
My mother-in-law (Geeta Shah) had made this juice when she was in Sydney. We enjoyed this juice as a substitute for afternoon tea. It was refreshing to have it on a hot afternoon.
If you have the seeds of pomegranate ready, the process of making the juice is quicker. We clean and keep the pomegranate seeds refrigerated in an airtight container. It becomes easy to use then. The seeds of pomegranate can be refrigerated for 7-8 days and they remain fresh.
So friends try this simple, healthy and nutritious juice and please share your comments with me.
Strawberry Pomegranate Juice
- 2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 6 strawberry washed and chopped. chop one strawberry into slices for garnishinh
- 1 tsp rock salt sanchal (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed powder roasted (optional)
- 1/4 cup water if required to blend into juice
- 10 ice cubes if you want to have chilled juice
- In a bowl take the seeds of pomegranate and strawberry. Put it into a mixer/grinder or blender. Blend to smooth adding water if required.
- Strain the juice through the strainer in a bowl. Press and strain. Discard the seeds.
- Add the rock salt and cumin seed powder. Mix well. ( If you want to have plain juice, skip adding rock salt and cumin seed powder).
- Garnish the serving glasses with the strawberry slices. Pour the juice in them and serve. Chill the juice for sometime if you want to have it chilled or add some icecubes.