Sweet Potatoes are a great source of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, C, and potassium.
They have a great taste, are starchy and can be enjoyed baked, roasted, grilled, steamed or fried.
Sweet potato also tastes good in the traditional curries. Click below for other recipes that have the sweet potato.
I also make baked sweet potato fries, sweet potato rosti (my son loves them), sweet potato cake, sweet potato roti during upwaas (fast). I will share their recipes soon.
I have seen restaurants offering baked sweet potato nachos under the vegan and gluten-free diet. Since the dish does not have any flour chips, cheese, and sour cream, it is low in calories too. I always like this kind of low-calorie dishes and so I made sweet potato nachos at home. It was a hit!! My husband loved them. My son can’t resist eating the crispy sweet potato chips.
Get the good tubular even size long sweet potato. Wash it and then peel and slice it very thin. If you have a slicer, it results in making slice quicker. Arrange the slices on a baking tray and brush it with the oil. Now bake them in the preheated oven at @190 C for 25-30 minutes flipping them in between. Once done remove and let it cool. It will become crispy once cooled. The crispy chips can be seasoned with salt, pepper, and paprika.
To make nachos, just arrange them on a serving plate. Put the kidney bean mixture over it and top with salsa and guacamole. Serve it immediately and impress your guests.
Health bhi aur taste bhi!
I hope you like this recipe and am eager to hear your comments and please share your experience after you make it.
Baked Sweet potato Nachos
For Sweet Potato chips
Kidney bean mixture
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum finely chopped
- 1 small green capsicum finely chopped
- 1 small tomato deseeded and finely chopped.( the pulp can be used in making kidney bean mixture)
- 2 tbsp coriander washed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seed powder roasted
- 1 tsp red chili powder i have used kashmiri red powder . you can also use ground paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt as per taste
For Sweetpotato chips
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut into thin round slices around 1mm thick. Arrange them on a baking tray lined with butter paper. Brush the slices with oil. Bake in the preheated oven @190 C for 30 minutes or till golden and edges turn crisp. Flip them in between.
- Remove in a plate and let them cool. After cooling they will become crispy.
Kidney bean mixture
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and onion and saute till translucent.
- Add the tomato and cook till it becomes soft and pulpy.
- Add the Mexican seasoning powder. (If you do not have you can use 1 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper powder).
- Add boiled kidney bean mixture and salt and mix well. Add 1/4 cup water and cook till the mixture thickens.
- In a bowl mix chopped onion, red capsicum, green capsicum, deseeded tomato. Add salt, red chili powder, cumin seed powder, black pepper powder.
- Mix well and add lemon juice and chopped coriander. Mix well. The salsa is ready . Keep aside.
- In a bowl add chopped avocado. Add lemon juice, black pepper powder, cumin seed powder and salt.
- Mash with the potato masher or fork till smooth. Guacamole is ready. Keep it aside.
Assemble and serve
- Arrange the baked crispy sweet potato slices on a plate. Put the kidney bean mixture over it.
- Top with Salsa and guacamole. The baked sweet potato nachos are ready.
- Serve it immediately.