This beautiful bright red colour chutney is a great meal accompaniment. I usually make it and store it in the refrigerator. It stays long and can be kept in refrigerator for 15 days. It is generously eaten with vada pav. It goes well with chapatis, bajra and jowar rotis, bread, khichdi, theplas. It is a Maharashtrian cuisine dish and it is quite often served with their famous dishes such as zunka bhakar and pithla.
Just put this chutney into any flour. knead the dough and make rotis from it. It will just increase its flavor.
This chutney can be made in a mixer grinder by grinding it coarsely or in a small processor. But I like to make it in my mortar pestle. It enhances its taste. I always keep it in my fridge.
Sukha Lehsun Chutney (Dry Garlic Chutney)
- 10 cloves garlic chopped
- 10 gms peanuts roasted. it will be around two tbsp
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Dried Coconut (Shredded, Sweetened) grated. (or take the dessicated coconut)
- 2 tsp red chilli powder (use kashmiri red chilli powder) It gives nice red colour
- salt as per taste
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tbsp peanut oil or any oil of your choice
- Take a mortar pestle or food processor and grind the chutney coarsely by mixing all the ingredients.
- Remove it in a bowl. Make a hole in centre
- take a small pan and heat oil in it. The oil should be heated nicely . then add asafoetida and pour the heated mxture in the hole made in bowl. Mix them well.
- Chutney is ready to serve. This chutney can be kept in the fridge for 10 days.