Babaganoush is a traditional middle eastern eggplant dip that you can serve with Falafel, pita bread, lavash or chopped vegetables. It is made with grilled brinjals and other raw ingredients such as garlic, tahini paste, cumin powder, and salt. It has a delicious smoky flavor.
- 2 big eggplant washed and pierced with fork
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp tahini paste I have used the store bought
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder roasted , jeera powder
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley or coriander washed and chopped for garnishing
- 1/4 tsp paprika for garnishing
- In a baking tray lined with baking paper, place the eggplants pierced with fork.
- Grill them in the preheated oven at 200 C for 40-45 minutes or till the skin gets charred. Cool and remove the skin. Discard the skin. Mash the roasted brinjal flesh to pulp.
- In a mixture jar, add the mashed brinjal pulp, olive oil, tahini paste, chopped garlic, roasted cumin powder, lemon juice, and salt.
- Blend into a smooth paste.
- Remove in the bowl and garnish with parsley.
- Sprinkle paprika powder and serve with falafel, chopped veggies, pita bread or lavash.