This sandwich recipe is one of my favorite. It has the lovely barbeque (tandoori) taste in it. This sandwich can be made in a griller or if no griller is available then it comes out very well on a tava also. The process has three steps.
- Preparing the barbeque sauce
- making the paneer stuffing
- assembling and toasting the sandwich.
The sandwich is very easy to make with almost all readily available ingredients and can be relished anytime with a nice coffee or mocktail or juice or soup.
Barbeque Paneer Sandwich
Barbeque sauce (We need 1 cup of sauce. The remaining sauce can be freezed in a air tight container for 3 months)
- 1 onion diced
- 1 capsicum cubed
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes (pulp removed and chopped). This pulp can be used to make the barbeque sauce
- 200 gms cottage cheese small cubes
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp tandoori masala
- 2 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup hung curd
- salt (as per taste) and chopped coriander 2 tbsp
- Take oil in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic and onions to it and saute till soft and translucent.
- Now add the capsicum to it. ( I have used green capsicum here). saute it.
- Add the chopped tomatoes . Here add the pulp of the tomato removed to make the stuffing. Saute till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add green chillies, salt and sugar and mix well. Add tandoori masala to it.
- Let the mixture cool and then crush it. barbeque sauce is ready.
- Take oil in the pan.
- Add the chopped onions to it. Saute them.
- Add the diced capsicum to it and saute.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste. saute till the raw fragnance is removed
- Add the tomatoes to it and mix well till they soften.
- Add the paneer cubes and mix gently.
- Add the chilli powder, tandoori masala, red chilli sauce and salt. Mix well.
- Add the hung curd. Saute till the water burns in it.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Remove in a bowl.
- Take two slices of bread. Apply butter on them and put on the tava. (flat pan)
- Apply ketchup on bread and on then apply a tbsp of the barbeque sauce on one bread slice.
- Put the paneer stuffing on the barbeque sauce.
- Sprinkle mixed herbs, and tandoori masala over it. If you want, you can put some shredded cheese over it.
- Cover with other bread slice and now toast them on the tava (flat pan) or griller till golden brown by applying butter on both the sides.
- cut it into trianngles and serve it hot.