This sandwich recipe is one of my favorite. It has the lovely barbeque (tandoori) taste in it. This sandwich can be made in a griller or if no griller is available then it comes out very well on a tava also. The process has three steps.
- Preparing the barbeque sauce
- making the paneer stuffing
- assembling and toasting the sandwich.
The sandwich is very easy to make with almost all readily available ingredients and can be relished anytime with a nice coffee or mocktail or juice or soup.
Barbeque Paneer Sandwich
This is a different kind of toast sandwich. It has a nice tandoori taste for people who love to relish hot tandoori dishes. It is a very easy recipe to make with the readily available ingredients around.
Servings 4 sandwich
Barbeque sauce (We need 1 cup of sauce. The remaining sauce can be freezed in a air tight container for 3 months)
- 3 onions chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 capsicum (if available use red capsicum also to get the nice natural colour)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp dry mixed herbs and 1 tsp tandoori masala
- salt (as per taste)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 capsicum cubed
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes (pulp removed and chopped). This pulp can be used to make the barbeque sauce
- 200 gms cottage cheese small cubes
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp tandoori masala
- 2 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup hung curd
- salt (as per taste) and chopped coriander 2 tbsp
- 8 bread slice I have used here whole wheat bread. Bread can be used as per the choice
- butter For spreading on bread and toasting
- cheese shredded (optional )
- Take oil in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic and onions to it and saute till soft and translucent.
- Now add the capsicum to it. ( I have used green capsicum here). saute it.
- Add the chopped tomatoes . Here add the pulp of the tomato removed to make the stuffing. Saute till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add green chillies, salt and sugar and mix well. Add tandoori masala to it.
- Let the mixture cool and then crush it. barbeque sauce is ready.
- Take oil in the pan.
- Add the chopped onions to it. Saute them.
- Add the diced capsicum to it and saute.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste. saute till the raw fragnance is removed
- Add the tomatoes to it and mix well till they soften.
- Add the paneer cubes and mix gently.
- Add the chilli powder, tandoori masala, red chilli sauce and salt. Mix well.
- Add the hung curd. Saute till the water burns in it.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Remove in a bowl.
- Take two slices of bread. Apply butter on them and put on the tava. (flat pan)
- Apply ketchup on bread and on then apply a tbsp of the barbeque sauce on one bread slice.
- Put the paneer stuffing on the barbeque sauce.
- Sprinkle mixed herbs, and tandoori masala over it. If you want, you can put some shredded cheese over it.
- Cover with other bread slice and now toast them on the tava (flat pan) or griller till golden brown by applying butter on both the sides.
- cut it into trianngles and serve it hot.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 343mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 900IU | Vitamin C: 57.8mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 0.7mg
2 thoughts on “Barbeque Paneer Sandwich”