The Summer is on here in Sydney. Mangoes can be found on the shelves of the stores. My in-laws have come for a vacation from India and I have brought a whole box of mangoes for them. Summer in India is in March-April- May and so the king of fruits arrives at that time in India. Mangoes can be enjoyed in their natural form. We remove pulp from the mango and eat them with our rotis or puri (puffed bread). It is called “aamras”.
Besides aamras, I like to make mango shake, mango salad, mango custard, mango kulfi, mango smoothie and much more. I wanted to bake this mango cupcake for a long time. My father-in-law wanted to eat some kind of cake after his journey from India. So I thought let me bake Mango cupcake for him.
I also wanted to make it healthy and hence I have used whole wheat flour. I have used oil in place of butter. Since mangoes are sweet, I have used less sugar. The sugar used is also raw.
The cake turned out too soft, moist and had the mango flavor. My father in law was very happy and so were others in the family. We enjoyed the cake with a nice cup of masala tea and the cake just vanished fast.
I have kept the cupcakes plain. But you can decorate them with butter icing, chocolate chips, whipped cream with fresh mango pieces or with any topping of your choice.
So do try this healthy mango cup cake and enjoy it at any time of the day.
Eggless Mango Cupcake
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour Maida
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 1/2 cup raw sugar you can also use white sugar
- 2 mango puree Fresh mango pieces pureed and use. It will be around 1 to 1.5 cups
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- salt a pinch
- 1/2 cup oil use any refined oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vinegar I have used apple cider vinegar
- water use 1-2 tbsp if required
- In a big bowl sift dry ingredients - whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl add oil. Add milk powder and raw sugar to it. Beat it with hand well.
- Add vinegar to the mixture and keep it aside for five minutes.
- Add the puree of two mangoes. Mix Rethe mixture well. Beat it for 4-5 minutes till light and creamy. Do not overbeat it.
- Now add the dry ingredient gradually to the mango mixture.
- Add vanilla essence and fold the mixture gently.
- Line the cupcake tin with the cupcake liners and pour and tbsp of mixuture in each mould.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 C for 25 minutes or till done.
- Remove and cool the cupcake and serve.
1 thought on “Eggless Mango Cupcake”
yummy soft and fluffy mango cupcake.