Aloo paneer roll is very quick and easy to make. If you are expecting sudden guests for evening tea then this is a quick option to make and offer to your guests. It is made with very few ingredients (potato, cornflour and cottage cheese with the regular spices)
It is generally made by deep frying, but I have shallow fried them. They taste equally good when shallow fried so can be enjoyed guilt free.
It can be served as starters or snacks. Kids also love it. The other way to serve it is in the wraps. Use it as a filling for different kinds of wrap. I have made a simple wrap with coriander pesto, cheese, aloo paneer rolls using spinach parathas as the wrap base. I will upload the recipe soon.
Till then just enjoy these tasty and yummy aloo paneer rolls with ketchup, mint coriander chutney or a dip of your choice. I have served them with coriander pesto (a kind of roughly grounded chutney) and ketchup.
Aloo Paneer Rolls
- 3 medium potato boiled and mashed
- 200 g paneer cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup coriander cleaned, washed and chopped finely
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste you can skip garlic paste if you want
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp corinder powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- salt as per taste
- 3 tbsp oil for shallow frying
- ketchup to serve
- coriander pesto to serve
- In a big mixing plate or bowl, take boiled and mashed potatoes, grated paneer, cornflour, ginger garlic paste, chili paste and chopped coriander.
- Add all the spices - turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, dry mango powder, chaat masala and salt.
- Mix them well.
- Divide the mixture into 15 balls. Apply oil on the palms and shape the balls into logs as shown.
- Heat a non stick pan. Spread oil on it and roast the aloo paneer rolls on medium heat.
- Put some oil over it and flip them gently all over and roast them till golden and crisp.
- Serve them with ketchup and coriander pesto or green coriander chutney.