Homemade Toasted Muesli is a very healthy and nutritious option for a quick and easy breakfast. It is very easy and is made by toasting oats, nuts , honey and coconut oil together in an oven. The toasted muesli can be stored in the airtight containers for 15-20 days and is very economical and tasty to the store brought muesli. Enjoy the toasted muesli with cold milk, or sprinkle it on your yogurt. I loved to munch it throughout the day like little snack. Make it once and you will never buy the store brought muesli. Also it is gluten free and vegan. It is a very healthy gifting snack. Pack the muesli in small fancy glass jars and decorate the jar with ribbons and the healthy gift pack is ready!!
You can experiment making muesli using different nuts and dried fruits of your choice such as walnut, pecan, hazelnuts, pistachio, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, coconut flakes, dried apple, cranberry, kiwi,dates, etc. You can also use rice puffs, wheat flakes, corn flakes or other cereals.
Let the toasted ingredients cool completely before adding the dried fruits to it like raisins, apricot, dates, drie apple, cranberry, kiwi, etc.
Also the amount of nuts can be adjusted as per your choice.
I have used honey as sweetener. You can replace it with maple syrup or golden syrup. You can also use butter in place of coconut oil.
You just have to mix all the ingredients together and toss them well. Then just spread them in oven and keep it for toasting for 30 minutes by just stirring in between once or twice. You can do other jobs while the muesli is being toasted.
So friends I hope you like this recipe and please do try to make it at home. Please do share your pictures and reviews after making this recipe!!
Till then khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
I love to enjoy the toasted muesli with thick greek yogurt. How about you??
Homemade Toasted Muesli
- mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- measuring cups
- 3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped (you can add nuts and dried fruits of your choice)
- 1/2 cup pepita you can also use sunflower seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds and coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cashew nut chopped
- 1/4 cup apricot chopped
- 1/2 cup raisin
- 3 tbsp honey You can also use maple syrup or golden syrup in place of honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- In an big mixing bowl, add rolled oats, chopped almonds, chopped cashew nut, pepita, ground cinnamon, honey.
- Mix them well. Melt the coconut oil and put it to the mixture.
- Mix well everything.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking tray lined with parchment or baking paper.
- Put the tray in the preheated oven at 160 C and roast the mixture for 30 minutes stirring in between after every 10 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, the mixture is nice and golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool on the tray. Once the mixture is cooled, add chopped apricots and raisins. (you can also add any dried fruits like apple, cranberry, kiwi of your choice)
- Mix well. The toasted muesli is ready. It can be stored in zip lock bags or an air tight container for 15-20 days.
- The homemade toasted muesli is ready to serve. Enjoy it with milk or yogurt.
- Homemade toasted muesli served with sweet greek yogurt.
1 thought on “Homemade Toasted Muesli”