Be it monsoon or chilled winter, this homemade kadha will help you fight against a cough, cold, fever, stomach infection and indigestion. This homemade remedy can be made from the ingredients easily available in the home and is thus inexpensive.
I make this kadha regularly at home and we enjoy it drinking hot after our dinner. As the kadha is little spicy, my son prefers adding honey to it while drinking and my husband and I put lemon juice in it. You can enjoy the kadha plain, without adding honey or lemon.
Besides the herbs and spices mentioned in this recipe, you can also add other herbs and spices such as fennel seeds, cardamom, fresh turmeric, holy basil (tulsi), lemongrass (lili chai). You can use different combination of herbs and spices for different flavors.
I add grated fresh turmeric to the kadha, along with grated ginger whenever fresh turmeric is available. I make kadha whenever I get time in the day and then cover it with lid and keep it aside so that the flavors of the spices and herbs are nicely infused. After the dinner, I warm the kadha and strain it and serve hot. Drinking something hot after the meal is considered good for the body. So then why not drink this homemade kadha or herbal tea..
So friends make this homemade drink and beat the cold.
Cheers in monsoon and winter!!
Please like and share the recipe with your friends and family. Also please share your feedback with me.
Kadha/Ukado/Decoction Of Herbs And Spices
- In a pan add water, cinnamon, whole peppercorns, cloves, carom seeds. Put it to boil.
- Add the grated ginger as the water starts to boil.
- Let the water boil.
- When water is boiled and reduced to nearly half the quantity, add the fresh mint leaves and let it boil for another 5 minutes. The water will be reduced to half the quantity now. The kadha is ready.
- You can serve it immediately. But I prefer to cover it with lid and keep it for a couple of hours. The flavors of the spices and herbs will be nicely infused in the water.
- Afer a couple of hours, warm, strain and serve the kadha plain or with honey or lemon.
- Enjoy the kadha hot in the cold weather and build up your body immunity against cough and cold.