This creamy pasta is a treat for mushroom lovers. The process of making the mushroom sauce is very simple and yet it gives a very nice flavor to the dish. When we were moving to Sydney from India, we had a stopover and flight change at Singapore Airport. My son was hungry and we ordered Pasta in a creamy mushroom sauce for him. He enjoyed and loved it. So then making the mushroom sauce was on my list. I had made mushroom sauce twice earlier and it came out very well. So now thought of sharing with you the process.
I have used white mushrooms for making the sauce. Cheese, butter, and milk give a nice creamy texture and Onion and garlic enhance the flavor of the sauce.
Mushroom is widely used in many dishes. Though it is not meat, Mushroom is packed with a meaty flavor. It is low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol free, gluten free and low in sodium. It provides similar benefits as from vegetables, meat, beans, and grains.
The mushroom sauce is very easy and quick to make. Use fresh mushrooms for this recipe. I have used cheddar cheese slice while making the sauce, you can also use grated processed or mozzarella cheese instead. I have blended the sauce to give it a smooth texture. However, you can skip the process of blending and use the sauce which has small chunks of cooked mushroom, if you do not want a smooth sauce.
Many kids and also my son does not like to eat mushroom in any dish. I find that making the mushroom sauce and incorporating it in the pasta is a good way to feed the kids. This way they will enjoy the taste of the dish and also will be benefited with the nutrition from mushrooms.
So friends enjoy this step by step video of making the pasta in a creamy mushroom sauce. Do make it for your family and please do share your views and comments with me.
Pasta In Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Heat butter in a pan.
- When the butter is melted, add chopped garlic and saute it for a minute.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the chopped mushrooms.
- Saute till they are cooked and they shrink.
- Add the all-purpose flour (maida ) and saute till fragrant.
- Add milk and mix well. Cook stirring in between and cook the mixture on medium heat.
- Add the cheddar cheese slice. (If you do not have cheddar cheese, you can use grated processed or mozzarella cheese around 1/4 th cup). Mix well and let the cheese melt. Cook on medium heat.
- When the mixture starts to thicken add salt and pepper.
- Cook till the mixture is thickened.
- Remove the mixture in a bowl.
- With the help of a stick blender or mixer blend the mixture into a smooth paste. If you want the sauce to have chunks of mushroom then do not blend the mixture.
- The creamy mushroom sauce is ready.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add cooked pasta and salt to it. Mix well.
- Add the prepared mushroom sauce and toss the pasta well.
- Simmer for a minute and the pasta in a creamy mushroom sauce is ready to serve.
- Sprinkle some dried or fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese over the pasta and serve it hot.