Sooji Sheera is a traditional sweet which is very easy and quick to make. It does not require any advance preparations. When you have sudden guests coming for lunch or dinner, Sooji sheera is the wonderful dessert which can be made quickly to please your guests. You can also serve it in breakfast. This simple recipe has very fewer ingredients and all readily available at home. Sooji Sheera is a popular prasad made for “Satyanarayan Pooja”.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add sooji /semolina to it and stir it continuously on medium heat.
- Saute sooji for about 8-10 minutes. It will start releasing aroma and will change the color.
- In the meanwhile, while the sooji is been roasted boil the milk.
- The sooji is now roasted
- Add the hot milk to the sooji slowly. Stir the mixture continuously till it thickens.
- Now add sugar to the mixture and mix it.
- Add saffron strands and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cover the sooji mixture and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the lid and stir the mixture. The Sooji Sheera is ready. At this stage you can add the chopped dry fruits and mix it.
- Take a bowl and grease it with ghee. Put hot sheera in it and press it. Now turn it upside down on a plate and unmould the sheera. Garnish with chopped nuts and serve.
- Put some basil leaves on it and offer to God. Prasad is ready to serve.