Bhakri Pizza On Tava With Chawli Masala Topping is a fusion of curry and pizza. Here the pizza base is made of unleavened Indian flatbread (bhakri) and is cooked with the topping made of Indian style spiced black eye bean on flat pan (tava). Cheese , oregano and chili flakes makes the pizza complete.
I make kathiyawadi biscuit bhakri and chawli masala / lobia curry / black eye bean curry for lunch or dinner frequently. I have shared the recipe of both earlier. My son does not like chawli masala with bhakri. But if I tell him that I will make pizza for him he will be happy. But where is that extra time to make a new dish . So then comes the magic. I would make a fusion dish from it. Pizza is made with Indian bhakri as a base and the topping made of chawli masala goes on it. Sauce, cheese, oregano and chili flakes will make the pizza complete. You can also use pizza sauce in place of ketchup. The pizza is covered and cooked on low heat on the tava (flat pan) till the cheese melts.
Just cut the pizza and serve. My son would happily relish every bite of it. This way son happy and mom happy.
You can make similarly different pizza with the toppings of your choice this way. I often make Mexican bhakri pizza using black eye bean. Here the black eye bean is cooked using Mexican seasoning and spices. I will share the recipe of it very soon. It is liked by everyone in my house.
So friends do try this recipe for your family and specially your kids and do share your feedback with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse, aur banao dilse….
Bhakri Pizza On Tava With Chawli Masala Topping
- frying flat pan
- Pizza Cutter
- butter knife
- 12 bhakri I have used kathiyawadi biscuit bhakri. I have shared the recipe of the bhakri earlier.
- 12 tsp butter
- 12 tsp ketchup
- 1.5 cup chawli masala curry I have shared the recipe of the curry earlier.( Burn the extra liquid from the curry to make it semi dry).
- 1 cup cheese grated, I have used cheddar cheese.
- oregano to sprinkle
- chili flakes to sprinkle
- Take the prepared wheat bhakri / kathiyawadi biscuit bhakri.
- Put the bhakri on heated tava. Apply butter and flip. Keep the heat medium.
- Now apply butter on another side and flip and cook on medium heat.
- Bring the heat to low. Apply ketchup on the bhakri and spread well.
- Spread 2 tbsp of chawli masala. (Burn the water from the chawli masala. It should be semi dry).
- Spread grated cheese over it. Sprinkle oregano.
- Cover and cook till cheese melts and the bhakri is crisp on low heat. Sprinkle oregano and chili flakes.
- Remove the pizza on chopping board and cut into four slices with a help of a pizza cutter.
- Serve the yummy bhakri pizza with chawli masala topping with juice or soup of your choice. You can also pack it for your kids lunchbox.