It is a winter time and nice cold atmosphere everywhere. To beat this cold what we need is just something which will warm up our body. Soups are the great idea. These soups are of different types. Some are clear soup, some are thick, some are tangy and some are hot and some are creamy. But they all have lots of vegetables in them. Some soups are heavy and are just like a complete meal . Winter is a good time to relish all soups as lots of fresh vegetables are available in the market. Today i will show you the recipe of a soup made from cauliflower. It is heathy and a whole meal soup. It is mild in taste and hence a good option for people who eat non spicy food. The colour of the soup is white and looks tempting. My father in law loves this soup very much. He loves the colour, grainy texture and taste of the soup. We once ate it in one resort when we went for a vacation with our family during diwali. And my father in law liked it so much that he told me to make the soup. When i made the soup he just couldnt stop appreciating it and from then onwards it became a regular soup made at our home mostly during winters when we get nice fresh cauliflowers .I have tried to made it as healthy as possible with all the healthy ingredients easily available. I have used mostly white vegetables like cauliflower, potato, onion, bottle gourd and have made it rich by using peeled almonds. I have used less butter and yet made it rich with almonds. The potato in it will give nice thickness and creamy effect to the soup. So just try and enjoy with your family. Eat healthy , stay healthy.
Cauliflower and almond soup
- 150 gms cauliflower (florets nicely washed)
- 100 gms bottle gourd (doodhi or lauki) chopped
- 1 small potato (chopped) can be used with skin but wash it nicely
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 20 nos almond (blanched and peeled)
- 1 tbsp rice (washed and soaked )
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt (as per taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder (freshly grounded if available)
- 1 tsp mixed herbs (optional)
- Chopped vegetables
- Washed and soaked rice
- Blanched and peeled almonds
- Take a pressure cooker and heat butter.
- Add rice and saute it till nice aromatic and golden.
- Add garlic and onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the other vegetables.
- Add one cup water. Pressure cook on medium for 4-5 whistles. Cool and then blend the vegetables along with almonds till smooth either in a mixie or hand blender. It will be a little coarse due to almonds.If you want smooth texture then sieve the soup through a soup strainer.
- Now take the blended mixture in the thick bottom pot and add the seasoning (salt, black pepper and mixed herbs)and required water and boil it for 2-3 mins.
- Serve it hot. Garnish it with the fresh ground pepper powder and chilli flakes.