Corn can be either boiled or roasted and served with butter or lemon juice and spices sprinkled over it. It is moslty available during monsoon and winter. Many dishes both savory and sweet can be prepared from corn such as soup, subji, pakora, cutlet, kebab, halwa or salad.
This corn chila is very healthy and is a complete meal. It can be enjoyed in breakfast, lunch or dinner. Variation in the toppings can be tried such as paneer, carrot, potatoes. It can be served with ketchup, curd, pickle or green chutney.
If you want to make it gluten free then in the place of semolina use rice flour.
A very simple and tasty pancake made from corn. Different variations for the toppings can be used.
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup corn grated and pulp removed
- 1/2 cup spinach washed and chopped
- 4 tbsp chick pea flour (besan)
- 4 tbsp semolina (sooji)
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic-chili paste
- 1.5 tsp black pepper powder
- salt as per taste
- water as required
- 1/4 cup red capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- oil for cooking
- Take grated corn pulp in a bowl. Chop the spinach.
- Add spinach to the grated corn. Add ginger-garlic- chili paste.
- Add chickpea flour (besan) and semolina (sooji) to it.
- Mix them well with a spoon and add salt and pepper.
- Add water to get the batter consistency and mix well.
- Heat a non stick flat pan. Now with a ladle pour the batter on the pan and move in the circular direction.
- Put the chopped red, green and yellow capsicum and onion over the poured batter.
- Put half tbsp on oil on all the sides on the chila. Cover it with a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Now flip the chila carefully on other side and cook for 3-4 minutes. Now flip again.
- Remove it onto a serving plate. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the chila. Corn chila is ready to serve. Enjoy it hot.
Note: If you want it to be gluten free, add rice flour in place of semolina.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 437mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3800IU | Vitamin C: 107.3mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg
4 thoughts on “Corn Chilla (Savoury Corn Pancake)”
Very colourful and good way of using corn.
Looks inviting ! Yummy and quick recipe.
Quick and easy recipe which is an excellent and healthy variation to corn ! Tried it many times and the entire family enjoyed the delicacy
Thank you so much for trying out the recipe. I am glad that everyone at your home enjoyed it. Try out this corn recipe of fritters which uses less oil. I am sure you all will love it.
Do share your feedback with me. Your feedback is more valuable.