I love baking and always strive to bake healthy.
These eggless custard cookies melt in the mouth. I had made this recipe by using refined flour earlier. It was loved by all my family members. I had made them with an equal amount of whole wheat flour and refined flour along with custard powder. I had added some nuts to it. Those cookies came out very well and were liked by my friends and family. I make them many times with different variations such as using pistachios, almonds, chocolate, plain vanilla.
This time I wanted to bake them for my son’s school’s Mother’s Day morning tea. Since many people are allergic to different nuts, I thought of using coconut to give it a nice flavour. I also wanted to make a healthy cookie so used the combination of whole wheat flour and oats with custard powder. The cookies came out so well and they were melt-in-the-mouth. The cookies had a nice aroma of custard and coconut. My friends appreciated them. I was very happy to bake for them something healthy and tasty.
I could not resist myself eating when they were still warm and out of the oven.
Eggless Custard Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup custard powder vanilla flavor
- 1/4 cup oats
- 100 g butter soften
- 1/2 cup icing sugar if you do not have have icing sugar then use powdered sugar and add 1/2 tbsp of cornflour to it
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk if required use 1/2 to 1 tbsp of more
- In a big mixing bowl add butter and icing sugar. Beat them with an electric beater till smooth and creamy. (if using hand whisk, beat them for more time)
- Add milk to it and beat them again till smooth.
- Scrap the sides with a spatula and beat them again till smooth and fluffy.
- Sift whole wheat flour, custard powder and baking powder.
- Add the oats to the sifted ingredients. Mix them well.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix them first with a spoon and then gently mix them with hands.
- Add the dessicated coconut to the dough and knead it gently till smooth.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic cling wrap and put it in freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the dough from freeze, unwrap it and smoothen the dough a little. Divide the dough in four equal parts. Take one portion and roll it into 2mm thick circle . You can use a baking sheet or plastic sheet to roll the dough. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutter. I have cut them into 1inch by 1 inch square approximately.
- Arranged the cut cookies in baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat the same procedure with other dough.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven @ 180 C for 15 min.
- Remove the cookies on wire rack to cool and serve or store.
3 thoughts on “Eggless Custard Coconut Cookies”
The oats used is it quick oats or rolled oats?
I have used the quick oats in the recipe.