This is an easy to make sweet. It is made from dates and dried nuts of your choice and does not contain sugar.
The nuts can be chopped, roasted and then added to the date mixture. The roasted nuts give a nice crunchy taste.
I have made the rolls by using the nuts in powdered form. The cardamom powder enhances the flavor of the sweet.
Date roll is a very healthy sweet. It is diabetic friendly and does not use too much ghee in it.
I always keep some at home. It is an energy bar that gives instant energy. It is good for growing up kids who are playing sports and need energy. It is also a good source of iron and minerals for pregnant and breastfeeding women. It is good to consume the date roll in winter.
Enjoy this healthy rolls during festivals. Make and gift them to your dear ones and stay healthy and fit.
Date Dryfruits Rolls
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom pan.
- Add the chopped dates and roast them on medium heat.
- In 7-8 minutes dates will start getting soft.
- When the dates are soft add the dessicated coconut and crushed mixed nuts (almond, cashewnut, walnut, pistachio)
- Mix the coconut and mixed nut powder together and then remove the mixture into a plate.
- Apply ghee on the palm and then take small portion of the date mixture on it . Shape the mixture into small rolls as shown.
- The rolls are ready and ready to serve. Or store them in the airtight container.
- You can also shape the mixture into small balls to make laddoos as shown. Or spread it in a greased plate and cut them into small squares.