Eggless Strawberry Custard is a very delicious dessert made by thickening milk with custard powder along with sugar. The flavor of the custard is enhanced by mixing fresh strawberry puree and is served chilled along with fresh strawberry slices and nuts. It is a delicious treat for strawberry lovers, glutenfree and can be made quickly for your potluck parties. Enjoy the eggless strawberry custard chilled!!
I have also shared earlier Mango custard recipe. It is eggless too.
Eggless Strawberry Custard
- heavy bottom pan
- serving bowl
- 1 l full cream milk or you can use low fat milk
- 5 tbsp custard powder (I have added a little extra custard powder as my son wanted the custard to be thick)
- 6 tbsp raw sugar or white sugar. You can add more or less sugar as per your taste
- 500 g strawberry fresh and ripe
- 5 strawberry washed and sliced in rounds
- 12 almonds sliced in half for garnishing (optional)
- Put milk to boil in a thick bottom pan. (keep aside a cup of milk for combining custard powder ).
- Take the custard powder in a bowl. Add the milk that was kept aside and mix.
- Stir and mix the custard powder well till all the lumps are gone.
- When the milk starts boiling, reduce the heat and pour the prepared custard powder mix. Stir the milk continuously to prevent custard mixture from sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- After 2-4 minutes the milk will start to thicken. Keep on stirring continuously.
- Add sugar to the thickened milk and mix well.
- Let the custard cook on medium heat for 5 more minutes. Keep on stirring continuously to prevent from sticking at the bottom. The custard is ready. Keep it aside to come at room temperature. Meanwhile, keep on stirring the custard in between to prevent a layer which forms on top while the custard is cooling.
- Once the custard is cooled to room temperature blend it with a hand blender so that it becomes smooth and even. Sieve the custard through the strainer to remove any lumps.
- The custard is ready. Let it cool it for 3-4 hours in the fridge. It will thicken on cooling. Remove from fridge and whisk well.
- Grind the strawberry into puree using a mixer grinder.
- Strain the puree to remove the small seeds of strawberries.
- Add the prepared puree and chilled custard in the mixer jar.
- Blend them till smooth. You can also use hand blender to blend puree and chilled custard together. (The custard should be chilled while mixing the strawberry puree).
- The strawberry custard is ready to set and get chilled. You can fill it in an individual serving bowl and chill till serving.
- While serving fill the bowl with the chilled strawberry custard. Put the sliced strawberries and sliced almonds or any nut of your choice. Serve it chilled.