Homemade Pizza Sauce is a easy, tasty, flavorful and economical sauce made with fresh tomatoes, capsicum, onion and garlic. It is flavored with herbs – basil, oregano, parsley. It can be made and refrigerated for a week or freeze up to 3 months. It is vegan and glutenfree.
I make this pizza sauce regularly fresh at home and refrigerate for a week. We all love homemade pizza with our homemade sauce at our home. Also my son will like to have Pizza wrap, Bread pizza, Bhakri pizza using this sauce. Sometimes I also pack pasta in red sauce for his lunch box using this sauce. So one simple sauce to make many magical dishes!!
Use nice red ripe tomatoes and always blanch them. It will give a taste similar to the canned tomatoes.
Use tomato paste as it gives nice taste and thickness to the sauce.
I have used more dried herbs and parsley and hence it gave a little dark color to my sauce. You can reduce the quantity of herbs.
I have use red capsicum at it imparts nice taste and red colour to the sauce. You can use green capsicum in place of red capsicum.
I prefer using flat broad pan to make sauce as it helps the water of the sauce to evaporate quicker. The sauce is thickened quickly.
Blend the sauce to a coarse texture.
So friends do try making this simple and easy sauce at home and do share your feed back with me.
Till then khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Pan with lid
- chopper/mixer grinder
- serving bowl
- 6 tomato
- 1 red capsicum or green capsicum
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150 g tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp basil dry or 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 tsp oregano dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp parsley (optional)dried or 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes or more as per your choice
- Boil water in a deep pot. Criss cross the tomatoes at the end and drop them in the boiling water.
- Let the tomatoes boil for 6-7 minutes. The skin will start to come out of the tomatoes. The tomatoes are blanched.
- Remove them in a strainer and keep aside to cool.
- After the tomatoes are cooled, remove the skin and chopped them roughly.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and chopped garlic and saute them till translucent.
- Add red capsicum and saute. (If you do not have red capsicum, you can add green capsicum).
- Saute till the capsicum are soften.
- Now add the blanched tomatoes and mix well. Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes on medium heat.
- The tomatoes will mix well and will become soft.
- Now add all the herbs - dried basil, dried oregano and dried parsley. (I have added a little more of each of the herb. You can reduce its quantity).(As I have added more herbs the colour of the sauce is dark).
- Mix well and saute for a minute. Now add the tomato paste.
- Mix well and add salt. Mix well.
- Add chili flakes and mix well.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Now simmer till the mixture thickens around 5 more minutes.
- Put the thickened mixture in the blender/chopper/mixture grinder.
- Blend it into a coarse paste. The homemade pizza sauce is ready.
- Remove the homemade sauce in a bowl. Let it cool and you can put in an airtight container and refrigerate for a week or freeze for three months.