Eggless whole wheat banana choc chip muffin is a good healthy option for sweet cravings.
It is made from whole wheat flour. The banana provides energy and is a good source of potassium. It gives moisture and softness to the muffin and hence is good for eggless baking. I have also used flaxseed powder. It is a very healthy and is a good source of Omega 3 fatty acid in a vegetarian diet. The muffin does not contain any egg or dairy product and hence is good for a Vegan diet.
The muffin can be refrigerated for a week in an airtight container. It can be packed as a sweet for kids lunch box. You can enjoy it with your morning or afternoon tea.
Ripe bananas mostly find their place in the dustbins. So now do not worry about it and instead use them to make muffin, bread or cake. You can also cut and freeze the banana in the ziplock bags and then use them for preparing milkshakes or smoothies.
Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Chocochip Muffin
- Sift the dry ingredients - whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flax seed powder to it and mix well.
- In a big bowl take the riped banana.
- Mash banana with a potato masher or fork. Once mashed, add oil and sugar. Mix well.
- Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into two batches.
- Mix well. Add white choco chips
- Mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the muffin moulds lined in the muffin tray.
- Sprinkle dark choco chips on it.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180C for 20-25 minutes on till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve muffin warm with tea or coffee. Pack them for your kids' lunch box. Also a healthy snack for biting between meals.