Ghau Na Jada Lot Badam No Sheero/ Atta Badaam Ka Sheera / Coarse Wheat Flour Almond Halwa is a traditional and quick Indian recipe made from coarse whole wheat flour, almond, milk, sugar and ghee. The flavor is enhanced with saffron, cardamom and rose water. It is rich in fibre and loaded with goodness of almonds and thus is a very nutritious breakfast and also can be enjoyed as sweet dish or dessert. It can be served warm or cold and can be refrigerated for a week.
The sheera is good winter dessert. I prefer eating it warm. Since it uses coarse wheat flour, it will absorb more milk. So you can add more milk if needed as the absorption capacity varies on type of wheat flour.
The sheera goes well with traditional dishes like daal, chawal. subji and roti.
You can also try out recipe of sooji sheera and moong dal sheera from the blog.
Ghau Na Jada Lot Badam No Sheero/ Atta Badaam Ka Sheera / Coarse Wheat FLour Almond Halwa
- 2 cup wheat flour coarse wheat flour/bhakri flour/jado lot
- 1 cup ghee clarified butter
- 1.25 cup sugar you can add more sugar if more sweetness required.
- 7 cup milk
- 2 tsp cardamom powder elaichi powder
- 1/2 cup powdered almonds
- 1/4 cup almond sliced, for garnishing
- saffron kesar, few strands
- 2 tsp rosewater optional
- Put milk in the pot to boil.
- When it gets warm, put the saffron strands and let the milk come to boil.
- Now heat ghee in a non stick or a heavy thick bottom pan.
- Once the ghee is melted put the coarse whole wheat flour / bhakri flour or jado lot in the pan.
- Roast the flour with ghee on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or till it is aromatic and is golden in color.
- The flour is nice golden and roasted well.
- Add powdered almonds to the roasted flour.
- Roast the flour for couple minutes.
- Now gradually add hot milk the the roasted flour mixture.
- The milk will start to absorb. Add remaining milk and mix well.
- Once the entire milk is absorbed, add sugar, rose water and cardamom powder.
- Cover and cook the mixture for 7-8 minutes on low heat.
- The sugar will be dissolved and the milk is nicely absorbed by the flour.
- Ghee is separated from the flour. Mix well.
- The mixture will be nice and smooth. You can nicely level it with a spoon. The sheera is ready to serve. Serve it warm or cold. It can be refrigerated for a week in an airtight container.
- Grease a bowl with ghee. Put some saffron strands in it. Put the sheera and press it nicely. Now flip the bowl on the serving plate and unmould the sheera. Garnish with sliced almonds and enjoy!!
- Enjoy the sheera for breakfast or as a sweet dish or dessert!!
6 thoughts on “Ghau Na Jada Lot Badam No Sheero/ Atta Badaam Ka Sheera / Coarse Wheat FLour Almond Halwa”
Very nice and healthy recipe!!
Healthy and energetic and tempting recipe my favorite….
thank you so much
Superb recipe very good for health & favorite of all
thank you so much