Pasta is a very popular dish in Italian cuisine. It is loved by all. Kids love the creamy and cheesy white sauce pasta.
Here is the recipe for a pasta dish prepared very quickly using a healthy white sauce. The white sauce is made with olive oil, whole wheat flour, low-fat milk and bottle gourd puree. The bottle gourd puree makes the sauce thick and creamy.
The pasta can be prepared in minutes if you have the healthy white sauce ready. I have shared with you the very basic recipe for making pasta in the healthy white sauce.
You can add vegetables like broccoli, peas, carrots, corn, spinach, mushroom, bell peppers to the pasta to make it more exotic. This pasta is the best option for lunch box. It tastes good when hot or cold.
Whenever I have bottle gourd or cauliflower extra at home, I make a healthy white sauce from it. It is also good to have it as a dip with some toasted bread or veggie sticks.
Pasta In Healthy White Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup pasta cooked
- 1 cup healthy white sauce
- 1/2 tsp oegano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- salt as per taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Add oregano, black pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the white sauce. (if the sauce is too thick add little milk )
- Mix it well and let it simmer for 2 minutes. (at this stage to make it richer you can add 2 tbsp cream or grated cheese)
- The healthy white sauce pasta is ready to serve. Serve it hot.
- Pasta in a healthy white sauce is ready to serve.