Pumpkin Soup is a thick and creamy soup. Pumpkin is rich in antioxidants. The soup is quick and easy to make. It is gluten-free and vegan. You can make the soup in big batches and freeze into small containers and enjoy it warm for a comfort weeknight meal with a piece of bread of your choice. You can also serve it with parathas or theplas. Since it is a thick soup it can also be enjoyed as one meal dish. Pumpkin soup gives warmth to the body in winters.
- 1 tsp olive oil or butter
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot washed and chopped
- 2 cup pumpkin washed ,deseeded and chopped
- 4 cup water
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in pressure cooker pan on a medium heat. Add the chopped garlic in it. Saute.
- Add chopped onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the chopped carrot and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped pumpkin and saute for a minute.
- Add water. Mix well .
- Put the pressure cooker lid with a whistle and pressure cook for 4 whistles on high heat and 2 on low heat.
- Let the pressure cooker cool by itself. Open the lid.
- With the help of a stick blender, blend the all the cooked ingredients till smooth. (if using mixture jar, let the cooked ingredients cool. Strain and reserve the stock. Grind the strained ingredients to a smooth paste. Remove in the pot and add the reserved liquid to it. Mix well).
- Now put back the blended mixture to heat. Add salt and pepper. Mix well and boil for 5-6 minutes. The pumpkin soup is ready to serve.
- Serve the pumpkin soup hot with bread, soup stick, parathas or thepla.