Suran (Yam ) Nu Farali Shaak is a very delicious shaak made quickly by cooking it with oil , cumin seeds, curry leaves, ginger green chili paste and roasted peanuts. It is gluten free and vegan and is enjoyed with rajagira puri or farali roti or samo khichdi.
Khao dilse, Khilao dilse aur banao dilse..
Suran (Yam ) Nu Farali Shaak
- heavy bottom pan
- 350 g suran elephant yam, washed, peeled and cut into cubes. I had used frozen suran from Indian store
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seed jeera
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 tsp ginger green chili paste
- 2 tbsp roasted peanut powder
- 1/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let they crackle. Add curry leaves and ginger green chili paste. Saute. Add the chopped suran . Add salt. Mix. Cover and cook 15 minutes stirring in between on medium heat.
- Add the roasted crushed peanuts and water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat stirring in between till the suran is soften. Add more water if needed.
- The Suran (Yam ) Nu Farali Shaak is readt. Remove in a bowl. Garnish with some curry leaves and serve with rajagira puri , farali roti, or samo ni khichdi.
- I had served the Suran (Yam ) Nu Farali Shaak with samo ni khichdi, zucchini raita, sugared sweet potato, dry nuts laddoo , mango, salted chips in the farali platter.