Baked Cream Cheese Crackers / Baked Cream Cheese Puri are healthy and non fried snacks made from whole wheat flour, rice flour, chickpea flour and cream cheese. These crackers can be munched at any time of the day, enjoyed as after school snack, served with tea or coffee or enjoyed as an appetizer with dips such as hummus, cheese slices or dips and cheese of your choice. They are easy to make and are good replacement to the store brought crackers which contains preservatives and lots of additives. They can be stored in an airtight container for 15 day. Carry them while you are travelling. Enjoy them guilt free!!
Baked Cream Cheese Crackers / Baked Cream Cheese Puri
- 1/2 cup whole wheat f lour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup chick pea flour besan
- 1/2 cup cream cheese I have used garlic and herb flavor cream cheese. You can use plain cream cheese.
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt as per taste
- In a mixing bowl add whole wheat flour, rice flour, chickpea flour, cream cheese (I have used garlic and herb flavored cream cheese, you can use plain cream cheese if the flavored cream cheese is not available), oil, paprika powder, black pepper powder, garlic powder and salt (be careful while adding salt as the cream cheese has salt in it).
- Mix all the ingredients well with the finger tips of your hands.
- Add yogurt and mix well. (I have used the homemade yogurt).
- Mix well and knead into a stiff dough. Apply the remaining tbsp of oil.
- Smooth the dough. Cover and rest dough for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, you can see white spots on the dough. The dough is ready to roll.
- Now put the oven to preheat at 180 C. Divide the dough into equal portions. Take one portion of the dough and flatten it. Dust the dough with wheat flour.
- Roll into 2 mm thick circle.
- With the choice of cookie cutter, cut the dough into shapes. I have used round cookie cutter. Prick the cut shapes with fork.
- Lay the pricked shapes on the baking tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle some salt over the crackers.
- Bake the crackers @ 180 C for 10-12 minutes. Check on the cracker after 8 minutes. The crackers will brown soon.
- The Baked Cream Cheese Crackers are ready.
- Enjoy the cream cheese crackers with tea, coffee, or as a afternoon snack. It can also be served with different types of dips such as hummus, cheese dip, salsa.
- Store the crackers in an airtight container and enjoy for 15 days.