I had made the Eggless chocolate truffle cake for my son’s birthday party and everyone loved it. We had some leftover cake. Before frosting or icing the cake, it has to be leveled by cutting, so some more cake pieces and crumbs were left after leveling the cake. I had made chocolate truffle for the icing the cake so part of it was left too.
I thought of using the leftover cake and truffle and making truffle balls from it. Walnuts and desiccated coconut increased the flavor of the truffle balls.
There is no cooking involved and hence it takes only a few minutes to make them. You can also involve your kids while making them and they will enjoy the process of making and shaping them. Aarav enjoyed to roll them into different shapes.
It would be difficult to consume the leftover crumbs of the cake and the truffle. Combining them together to make a new dish was fun.
So friends do not worry if you have lots of leftover cake next time. Just try making different flavor balls of your choice and as per the flavor of the cake.
vanilla cake + strawberry jam + cashew nuts + white chocolate -> Choco strawberry balls.
chocolate cake + almonds +nutella -> Nutella balls
chocolate cake + peanut butter+ choco chips -> Choco peanut butter balls
Chocolate cake + rum + walnuts+ cocoa powder -> Rum balls
Vanilla cake + condensed milk + desiccated coconut -> Coconut balls
This way you can try out various combinations of various nuts, spreads, jams and make differently flavored balls from it.
Choco Walnut Truffle Balls With Leftover Cake
- 2 cup Chocolate cake crushed grind cake in mixture jar
- 1/2 cup walnut powdered
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 4 tbsp chocolate truffle
- Grind the leftover chocolate cake in the grinder into the powder.
- Add the powdered walnuts and desiccated coconut. Mix them well. Add chocolate truffle to it.
- Mix them well and knead like a soft dough.
- Take small portions into the palm and shape them into circle, square, cylinder or any shape you want.
- The chocolate walnut truffle balls made from leftover chocolate cake are ready to serve. They can be refrigerated and stored for 4-5 days.
1 thought on “Choco Walnut Truffle Balls With Leftover Cake”