My son’s birthday was being celebrated at school and I had to make cupcakes for this occasion. This time he demanded to have the cupcakes with icing in them.
I had made eggless chocolate cupcakes. These were very simple and easy to make cakes. I made two batches of these cakes. When I was sifting dry ingredients for the third batch, I thought of using custard powder instead of cocoa powder in the recipe and tried to make the custard powder cupcake. The cupcakes came out so soft, moist and had a very rich flavor.
Custard powder used in the recipe gives a very good aroma to the cupcakes. The cakes come out more delicious, flavoured and tasty. The color of the cake after baking is beautiful golden yellow. It enhances the flavor of the cupcakes. It is eggless too.
The cupcakes were enjoyed by everyone in the family and friends.
I am sure you all are going to love it once you make them.
I have taken the pic of a cut cupcake. Isn’t it soft and moist?
Have the cake warm or cold. You can decorate the cake with buttercream icing or whipped cream. I have decorated the cake with buttercream icing for my sons birthday celebration at school. Kids and teacher loved them.
Enjoy and serve it as breakfast, high tea or with coffee or warm milk. Pack them in your kids lunch boxes as a treat.
Eggless Custard Powder Cup Cake
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour maida
- 3 tbsp custard powder vanilla flavour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vinegar (I have used apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup milk lukewarm
- 3/4 cup sugar I have used raw sugar. If you want you can powdered the sugar.
- In a bowl add milk and add vinegar to it. Mix it. Keep it aside for 5 minutes. The milk will start curdling as shown.
- In the meantime, sift the dry ingredients (all purpose flour, custard powder, baking soda and salt). Line the muffin mould/tray with cupcake liners and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add oil and sugar. Beat them with a hand whisk till sugar dissolves.
- Now add the curdled milk to it and mix them well for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredient gradually in batches and mix them gently.
- The cake batter is ready. Do not overmix them.
- Fill the batter with the help of spoon in the cupcake liners. It will be around two tablespoon per mould.
- Tap the cupcake tray gently and bake in the preheated oven @ 180 C for 18-20 minutes. The time varies from oven to oven.
- After 18-20 minutes check and remove the mold. Remove from the oven and cool them. The cupcakes are ready to use now.