Spinach and peas soup is a thick soup made with the goodness of spinach and peas. The soup is made creamy by adding rice to it; carrot gives it the thickness. It is very healthy and serves as a complete dinner meal with a piece of bread or garlic bread, pasta or thepla (moong dal thepla, dudhi thepla, beetroot thepla or plain masala thepla)
Spinach And Peas Soup
- In a pressure pan or heavy bottom pan heat olive oil or butter. Add rice and saute it till it gets golden brown. Add the sliced carrots.
- Add the washed and chopped spinach and saute it.
- Add water as required around 3 cups.
- Add peas to it and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles. If using pot to cook then cover and cook for 25 minutes till carrots and rice done.
- Remove the pressure cooker lid. Cool the mixture.
- Blend the mixture using a hand blender to a smooth paste. Add 1/4 cup of milk to it while blending.
- Now put the mixture into a sauce pan add salt and pepper.
- Boil the mixture for 5 minutes and add the nutmeg powder.
- Boil it more for another two minutes. Mix it well. The soup is ready to serve.
- Remove it in a serving bowl and sprinkle black pepper powder on it.