Healthy Eggless Pineapple Coconut Cake is a healthy cake made using whole wheat flour and oats. It is flavored with pineapple and coconut and uses less sugar. Enjoy the warm slice of cake with hot tea or coffee guilt free or pack this nutritious cake for your kids lunch box.
Pineapple and coconut is an excellent combination. I have used the combination to make a delicious treat. I have used whole wheat flour and powdered oats to make it healthy. Since the cake does not use any cake, I have used lemon juice as an acid to make the cake. The acid from the lemon juice combines with the leavening agents and helps to rise the cake and make it soft and moist. I have used oil in place of butter and have used less sugar to make the cake more healthier. The flavor of the pineapple is not hidden with more sugar.
The cake can be enjoyed warm with a cup of hot tea or coffee. I had an eggless black forest cake order for the client and hence I had some cherry syrup, whipped cream and grated chocolate left after completion of the order. So i had made pastry for my son Aarav with the help of the leftovers using the healthy eggless pineapple coconut cake and served it for dessert.
To make the pastry, I have cut the cake in rectangle and cut it into half. I have soaked the cut cake piece with the help of cherry syrup.
I have then spread the whipped cream and put some cherry pieces and shaved chocolate on one soaked cake piece. I have then sandwiched it using the other soaked piece of cake. I have decorated with whipped cream on the top and put a cherry piece and chocolate shaving and served. (Though i could not take the final pic as the pastry pieces was wiped off the plate as soon as it was served 🙂 )
So friends do make this healthy eggless pineapple coconut cake for your loved ones and share your feedback with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
Healthy Eggless Pineaapple Coconut Cake
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- small bowl
- mixing bowl
- baking tin
- wire rack
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup powdered oats I have ground the quick oats in the mixer grinder to smooth powder
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup milk luke warm
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup tinned pineapple finely chopped
- Add lemon juice in the luke warm milk. ( I have warmed the milk for 40 sec in the microwave). Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- In the meanwhile sift the whole wheat flour, powdered oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 3 times.
- In a big mixing bowl add oil, milk powder and sugar. Mix well till sugar is dissolved well.
- Add dessiccated coconut and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- The milk is curdled well.
- Add the curdled milk and mix well.
- Mix well .
- Add the sifted flour gradually and mix gently.
- Fold in the pineapple pieces.
- Mix gently. The battter is ready.
- Pour the batter in the greased and dusted square cake tin pan of 8 x 8 inch. Bake in temohe preaheated oven at 180 C for 45 to 50 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Remove the cake tin and unmould the cake and let it cool on a wire rack.
- The healthy eggless pineapple coconut cake is ready.
- Cut it into pieces and serve it warm with hot tea or coffee or refrigerate and store in airtight container for a week. The cake can be freezed for a month.