The king of fruits “Mango” is loved by everyone. It is enjoyed in summer. Many dishes can be made with this king of fruits. Dishes such as Ice cream, pudding, cake, salad, juice, milkshake, custard, pie and more. I am sharing with you all the recipe for Mango Milkshake – the way I make it at home.
Milkshakes are very quick to make and are very healthy. You can make them with the fruit of your choice. Some fruits are sour and so while making a milkshake use chilled milk or ice so that they do not react with milk and curdle it.
I have used ripe mango for the milkshake and cashew nut powder to make it thick and creamier. Some people prefer using vanilla ice cream. However, I do not want to add more calories to this yummy treat and so I have used low-fat milk and cashew nut powder. You can also add milk powder to the milkshake if you want to avoid using cashew nut to make milkshake thicker.
If you do not have fresh mango, use frozen ones. Back in India, I preferred using alphonso mango to make the milkshake. I love the flavor of Alphonso. However, you can use any available mango variety. Here in Sydney, we get Kensington pride and R2E2 which are sweet in taste and have a nice flavor. I use them.
For a vegan version, use almond milk or plain soy milk instead of regular milk. This milkshake is gluten-free.
It is a good source of energy for people who observe fast and do not eat the entire day.
Below are some other recipes using the king of the fruits “mango”
So friends, do try the mango milkshake and enjoy it at any time of the day. Do not forget to share your views and comments below!
- 1.5 cup milk I have used low fat milk. Use chilled milk
- 1 tbsp sugar Or as per taste. I have used raw sugar.
- 1 cup mango ripe cut into pieces. I prefer using alphonso.. Here we get Kensington Pride and R2E2
- 2 tbsp cashew nut powder
- 6 cashew nut for garnishing
- mango cut mango pieces for garnishing
- ice cubes for serving if you want more chilled.
- In a mixer jar or blender, add chopped mango, cashew nut powder, and sugar.
- Add milk and blend until smooth.
- Pour in the serving glass. Garnish with mango pieces and cashew nut. Serve chilled.