Vegetables in hot sauce is a spicy curry made with tomato, garlic, red chili powder and mixed boiled vegetables. It goes good with mild rice and also is a good sauce to serve on the hot Lebanese sizzlers.
I have served it with Bean and spinach rice and it tasted very delicious. It is gluten-free and vegan.
Vegetables in hot sauce
- 6 medium tomatoes blanched and peeled
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup spring onions washed and finely chopped (whites)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder roasted
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 cup mixed boiled vegetables (zucchini, carrot, mushrooms) cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup spring onions washed and finely chopped (greens)
- salt to taste
- Blend the blanched and peeled tomatoes, garlic and red chili powder in a mixer to a smooth puree. In a pot, heat oil and add spring onion white. Cook it till translucent.
- Add the prepared tomato garlic puree, cumin seeds powder, tomato ketchup and salt and boil and cook till the mixture leaves oil.
- Now add the mixed boiled vegetables and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- The vegetables are mixed well.
- Add the chopped spring onion green and the hot sauce is ready to serve