Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake (Tea Time Cake) is a eggless version of popular tea time colorful Indian cake made using the colourful candied papaya pieces. It is soft, spongy, moist, colourful , kids favorite and can be enjoyed with a cup of evening tea or coffee.
I had made this cake for our anniversary celebration and served when or friends visited us in the evening to celebrate with tea and garam poha nashta.
The cake reminded us about the childhood days when we enjoyed the popular Britannia tutti frutti cake.
Friends do try making this eggless version of the cake and please share your feed back with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake (Tea Time Cake)
- small bowl
- medium bowl
- strainer or sift
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- hand whisk
- cake tin
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour maida, refined flour
- 3 tbsp custard powder or cornflour. I had used vanilla flavor custard powder.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup milk luke warm
- 2 tsp vinegar I had used apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup tutti frutti candied raw papaya. add 3/4 cup if you prefer more. I had used the three colour tutti frutti
- 1/4 cup milk powder
- 1/2 cup oil any flavorless oil
- 3/4 cup sugar I had used raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Take tutti frutti in a plate.
- Add corn flour to it .
- Mix well and keep aside. This step prevents tutti frutti from sinking at the bottom of the cake tin while baking.
- Take luke warm milk . Add vinegar to it. Stir and keep it aside for five minutes to curdle.
- In the meantime , sift the dry ingredients – all purpose flour, custard powder, salt, baking soda for 3-4 times. Keep aside.
- In a big mixing bowl, take oil. Add sugar and milk powder to it.
- Mix it well with a help of a whisk.
- Now add the curdled milk to it. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Now gradually add the sifted ingredients in two batches and mix gently.
- The batter looks silky and lump free.
- Add the cornflour coated tutti frutti .
- Mix gently.
- Pour the batter in a greased 6.5 x 6.5 inch cake tin or any shape of your choice. Tap it two to three time on the counter.
- Bake in the preheated oven @ 180 for 50-55 minutes or till the skewer comes out clean. Check after 45 minutes and cook till done.
- Remove the tin from the oven. Run knife on the edges and unmould it on a wire rack and let it cool.
- The eggless tutti frutti cake is ready to serve. I had cut the edges of the cake since I had to present it in for the cake cutting with our friends during our wedding anniversary. I had sprinkle some more tutti frutti over it as decoration.
- Cut into slices and enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee or any time of the day.
- Serve into slices and refrigerate for one week in an airtight container.