Garam Poha Nashta/ Poha Hot Snacks (Fritters) is a very delicious , non fried, crisp, hot snack made quickly with poha , semolina, yogurt and vegetables. It is easy to make and needs the ingredients that are easily available at home. It can be enjoyed as breakfast, after school snack or evening tea time snack and can be served with ketchup or chutney or pickle of your choice.
This is one of the favorite nashta in my house and i make it often as an after school snack for my son.
I had made this snack for my dear friends (Ashesh , Kavita and family and Puneet, Neelam and family) who came to wish us on our anniversary evening and made our day more special. I had served the poha fritters with masala chai and pumpkin leaves patra and eggless tutti fruti cake.
We all had a very wonderful time with lots of chit chats and yummy food.
Pic courtesy of the food above Kavita Mahidadia who is my dear friend and loves photography..
Friends do try this yummy and quick recipe and share your thoughts with me.
Khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse….
Garam Poha Nashta/ Poha Hot Snacks (Fritters)
- mixing bowl
- flat pan
- 1 cup poha beaten rice flakes
- 1/2 cup semolina sooji
- 1/2 cup yogurt I had used homemade yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp green capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 tbsp tomato finely chopped
- 8 curry leaves finely chopped
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander washed and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder haldi
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder or as per spice level needed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- salt as per taste
- 10 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp eno optional
- Take poha( beaten rice) in a mixing bowl .
- Wash it gently for 2-3 times with water. Remove excess water and cover and keep aside the poha to absorb all the water for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add semolina and yogurt to the well soaked soft poha.
- Mix well with the help of spoon.
- Add water to adjust the consistency of the batter. Mix well.
- Add chopped vegetables – green capsicum, tomato, onion, green chili, coriander, curry leaves.
- Mix everything well.
- Add spices – cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, salt.
- Mix well and cover and keep aside for 20 minutes. The water will release from the vegetables.
- After 20 minutes, put the flat pan to heat and brush it with some oil.
- Add eno to the batter. (this is optional) . I prefer adding it a little as it make cooking easier and needs less oil while cooking. Add 2 tsp water on top of eno , the bubbles will form and mix the batter gently.
- With the help of spoon , drop spoonful of batter on the heated pan and spread it into small ovals keeping space in between. Cook on medium heat for 4 minutes till golden from bottom.
- Flip the fritters and cook on both sides till golden and crisp putting some oil in between . ( I had not taken the pics of cooking). Cook all the fritters in the same way.
- Serve the garma garam poha nashta or poha fritters with ketchup or chutney of your choice.
- I had served the poha fritters with masala chai and pumpkin leaves patra to all my dear friends when they came to wish us on our anniversary evening.
2 thoughts on “Garam Poha Nashta/ Poha Hot Snacks (Fritters)”
nice and easy.