Homemade Tomato And Cheese Pizza is a kids favorite pizza made using pizza base made at home using all purpose flour (maida) and semolina (sooji). A generous amount of homemade pizza sauce is spread and is topped with fresh sliced tomatoes and cheese. It is favorite recipe of kids!! It is eggless.
I have used my homemade pizza sauce for the recipe.
I have shared the recipe of Homemade vegetable supreme pizza.
This is the variation of the above recipe using the same method to make pizza base.
You can try Paneer Tikka Pizza
using this pizza base.
Friends do try out this recipe and share your feedback with me!
Till then khao dilse, khilao dilse aur banao dilse…
Homemade Tomato And Cheese Pizza
- 3 cup all purpose flour maida
- 1 cup semolina sooji
- 14 g instant dry yeast 2 sachet of yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 cup water or more if needed
- some extra flour for dusting
- 1 cup pizza sauce i have used homemade pizza sauce
- 4 small tomato sliced
- 1.5 cup cheese shredded ( I have used mixed cheese - cheddar and mozarella).
- 1 tsp oil for greasing the bowl.
- First we will activate the yeast. In a bowl take luke warm water. It should be around 40 C. Put sugar in it and mix well.
- Put the instant dry yeast in it and mix well. Cover and keep aside in a warm place for 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
- After 10 minutes the yeast is nicely activated and is frothy.
- In a mixing bowl, take all purpose flour (maida), semolina (sooji), salt, 2 tbsp oil.
- Mix well.
- Pour the activated yeast mixture and mix well.
- Bring all the flour together using your hands. The flour will be sticky.
- Knead well stretching vertically and kneading back for 8-10 minutes. The mixture will be sticky then. If you want you can dust some flour and knead again. After some time the mixture will start leaving the surface and will together.
- Knead more till the dough becomes smooth and elastic. Add the remaining oil .
- Knead well till oil is nicely absorbed.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and keep it in a warm place for the dough to rise for 1 hour. (I keep the bowl in a microwave).
- After 1 hour the dough is doubled and risen well.
- Punch the flour with your fist. This helps to remove the air bubbles generated with the yeast.
- Divide the dough into 6 parts to make large pizza. You can divide the dough as per your choice to make small, medium or large pizza with thin or thick crust.
- Take a butter paper and take one ball and flatten it and with a help of rolling pin start to roll the pizza. (My son is rolling his own pizza).
- Roll the dough into a thin circle. ( I have made around 20 cm diameter). Prick the base with the help of fork.
- Now spread around 1/8 cup of pizza sauce on the pizza base.
- Top it evenly with sliced tomatoes and then sprinkle some cheese. Put the pizza along with the butter paper on a oven rack and bake at 200 C for 12-15 minutes or till the base is crispy and the cheese is melted.
- The homemade tomato and cheese pizza is ready to serve. Cut the pizza into wedges and serve.
- My son have sprinkle some more cheese before eating.