Lila Kanda Chana Na Lot Nu Shaak/Spring Onion Chickpea Flour Fry/Kandacha Patichya Zunka is a very quick and delicious dish made with spring onions and chickpea flour. It is very handy to make when you run out of vegetables. It is made with very few ingredients but is still flavorful. Serve it with chapati, bhakri, juwar or bhajri bhakri. Sukha lehsun chutney, chopped onions, and yogurt are the best accompaniment to the dish. I even enjoy it with steam rice. It is enjoyed by all and is easy to make for dinner during a busy weeknight.
This sabji is known as lila kanda nu shaak in Gujarati but follows the same method as of preparing zunka in Maharashtra. Zunka is the Maharashtrian recipe made with onions and chickpea flour.
It is suitable for people following Vegan Diet. If you avoid adding asafoetida, it is suitable for Glutenfree diet.
Lila Kanda Chana Na Lot Nu Shaak/Spring Onion Chickpea Flour Fry/Kandacha Patichya Zunka
- 1/2 cup chick pea flour besan
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds rai
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida hing
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder haldi
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander cumin powder dhania jeera powder
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 250 g spring onion washed and chopped. Chop greens and white seperately
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- salt to taste
- Dry roast the chickpea flour on medium heat on a pan till aromatic and golden.
- Wash the spring onion. Chop finely the white and green of the onions separately.
- Heat oil in the same pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida.
- Add the chopped onion and white spring onion. Saute till onions turn translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute.
- Add the finely chopped spring onion greens and saute till they shrink.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder.Mix them well.
- Add the roasted chickpea flour (besan) and salt.
- Mix them well. Sprinkle 2 tbsp water over it and cover and cook for 5-6 minutes till moisture is absorbed.
- Remove the lid and cook for couple of minutes.
- The lila Kanda chana na lot nu shaak is ready to serve. Serve it hot with plain roti or jowar or bhajri bhakri.