Soft Chocolate Chips Cookies With Leftover Cream Cheese Frosting are healthy and soft in texture cookies made by combining healthy ingredients and chocolate chips with leftover cream cheese frosting. Chia seed gel is used to make the cookies eggless. It has an irresistible taste and can be enjoyed at any time of the day with a cup of tea or coffee or packed for lunch boxes. The cookies can be refrigerated for a week or freezed for a month.
Soft Chocolate Chips Cookies With Leftover Cream Cheese Frosting
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups and measuring spoons
- baking paper
- Baking tray
- small bowl
- First prepare the chia gel- In a bowl take chia seeds and add water to it. Mix well and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl add whole wheat flour, custard powder, rolled oats, rice flour, cream cheese frosting and choco chips (I forgot to add rice flour in this step and have added later).
- Mix well and add baking powder and salt.
- Add the prepared chia gel and start kneading the dough.
- I had forgot to add rice flour earlier and have added now. Knead the flour with light hands.
- The flour is combined well. Make small equal size portions from the kneaded dough.
- Take a portion of dough and smooth it between the palms and shape into oval and flatten it as shown.
- Shape the remaining dough and place the flattened dough on the baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a pre heated oven @ 180 C for 15-18 minutes. Remove the baked cookies and let them cool on the wire rack.
- The soft chocolate chips cookies with leftover cream cheese frosting is ready. Enjoy with milk/ tea / coffee/ hot chocolate. They can be refrigerated in an airtight container and enjoyed for a week.