Stuffed Spiced Tofu Paratha / (Flatbread) are delicious, tasty, easy to make paratha made with tofu cooked with indian spices and is stuffed into whole wheat flour sheet flavored with different seeds. The paratha are healthy, calcium and protein rich and are a good option for breakfast/ lunch / dinner or are good to pack for lunch boxes. The parathas can be enjoyed with chutney/ pickle/ yogurt/ raita or ketchup.
Stuffed Spiced Tofu Paratha / (Flatbread)
- spatula x 2
- rolling board
- rolling pin
- flat pan
- 250 g tofu firm, grated
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 green chili chopped finely ( you can add more if more spice level is needed)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder haldi
- 1/4 cup spinach washed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander washed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander cumin powder dhania jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp kitchen king masala optional
- 1 tsp amchur dry mango powder
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl take whole wheat flour. Add carom seeds, cumin seeds, nigella seeds, salt and 1 tbsp oil. Mix well. Gradually add water and knead into a semi stiff dough. It should not be a loose dough. Apply remaining oil and knead well and smoothen the dough. Cover and keep aside for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, divide the dough into 10 balls and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and chopped green chilies.
- Saute. Add turmeric powder.
- Add the grated tofu and mix well. Now add spices – red chili powder, corainder cumin powder, aamchur, chat masala, garam masala, salt. Mix well.
- Add chopped spinach and coriander and mix well.
- Add kasuri methi and kitchen king masala. Mix well.
- Switch off the heat and add lemon juice and mix well. The stuffing is ready. Remove in a bowl and cool it.
Rolling and roasting paratha
- Take one ball . Flatten it and dust with flour and roll into a 15 cm circle. Make similarly with other ball.
- Now apply some oil on one rolled paratha. Put around 2 tbsp of stuffing and spread it evenly.
- Now gently put the other rolled paratha over the stuffing and cover it nicely. Press the edges.
- Seal the edges of the paratha with the help of fork as shown.
- The paratha will also have a good design. The stuffed tofu paratha is ready to roast.
- Gently put the paratha on the heated pan on medium heat.
- The bubbles will start to form after a minute.
- Flip the paratha with a flat spatula and put 1/2 tsp of oil over it. Spread it nicely.
- Flip the paratha. Put 1/2 tsp oil over it and spread it nicely.Cook the parath on high heat pressing with spatula and flipping till golden.
- The paratha is cooked golden on both the sides. Lower the heat.
- Remove the paratha in a plate and rest for a minute.
- Now cut the paratha into four parts as shown. Similarly make four more parathas with the remaining dough and stuffing.
- Serve the paratha with chutney and pickle or curd or ketchup.
- Pack the paratha for lunch box with ketchup / chutney.