Sprout Salad is a very nutritious, healthy, vegan, gluten free and colorful salad made with sprouts and crunchy vegetables and fruit. The salad is balanced with sweet and sour taste with the dressing made of lemon juice, honey, salt, cumin seed powder, ginger and chili flakes. The salad can be enjoyed chilled or packed as a healthy lunch box to the work.
You can add vegetable and fruits of your choice. You can also add onions and fruits such as pomegranate, grapes, green apples. You can also add salted peanuts or almonds or macadamia or pistachio to the salad.
- mixing bowl
- 1 cup moong sprout cooked in salted boiling water for 5 minutes and drained.
- 1 cucumber washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum washed, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tomato deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 apple washed and finely chopped
- 1 carrot washed, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup coriander washed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint washed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil or any flavorless oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes or as per spice level needed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp rock salt sanchal
- 1 inch ginger grated, optional or dry ginger powder 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl add chopped tomato, cucumber, capsicum and apple.
- Add grated carrot, chopped coriander and mint. Mix well.
- Transfer to big bowl and add cooked and drained moong sprout. Mix well
- Prepare the dressing – In a bowl add oil, lemon juice, chili flakes, black pepper powder, grated ginger or dry ginger powder, honey, roasted cumin powder, chat masala, rock salt and honey.
- Mix well.
- Pour the dressing on the prepared salad and toss well. Chill the salad for one hour.
- Remove the salad in a serving bowl and serve or pack for lunch box or potluck.