Aloo Paneer Tofu Vegetable Rolls is a very healthy and quick non fried snack made with goodness of potato, vegetables of your choice, tofu and paneer. The rolls can be served with ketchup, chutney or dip or sauce of your choice along with tea/coffee/or juice. They can also be also combined with vegetables and sauce of your choice in a wrap or hot dog bun for quick and healthy lunchbox. To make the rolls vegan, avoid adding paneer and use tofu instead.
Sprinkle chat masala and tandoori masala on the rolls before serving.
Aloo Paneer Tofu Vegetable Rolls
- mixing bowl
- pressure cooker
- potato masher
- 2 potato washed, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot washed, peeled and chopped
- 6 broccoli florets washed
- 1/2 cup peas ( I have used frozen peas)
- 100 g cottage cheese paneer, grated (you can either use paneer or tofu or mix of both)
- 100 g tofu grated, (to make vegan use tofu instead of paneer)
- 2 tsp chat masala
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder roasted jeera powder
- 2 tsp dry mango powder amchur
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp tandoori masala optional
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 cup coriander washed and finely chopped ( I have used dried coriander leaves)
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour besan, roasted
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 4 tsp oil for cooking and greasing palms
- salt as per taste
- chat masala to sprinkle
- tandoori masala to sprinkle
- In a pressure cooker, add all washed and chopped vegetables - potato, carrot, peas and broccoli. Add around 1/2 cup water and salt and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Let the pressure cooker cool and then open the lid. The vegetables are nicely cooked.
- Put the vegetables in the strainer to remove excess water. The strained water can be used to knead the dough, or soup. Keep aside for 10 minutes to drain.
- After the water is nicely drained, remove the vegetables in the mixing bowl or plate.
- Mash the vegetables nicely with the help of a potato masher. Add grated paneer and tofu. ( you can use only paneer or tofu as per your choice. Also to make vegan use tofu instead of paneer).
- Now add all the spices - red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, chat masala, dry mango powder, garam masala, tandoori masala , black pepper powder and salt as per taste. Add corainder.
- Mix well with help of spoon or hands.
- Add bread crumbs and chickpea flour to the mixed mixture.
- Mix well nicely. The mixture will come together and form a dough.
- Grease your palms with hands and take some mixture and roll into a smooth log. Similarly make logs with remaining mixture. The size of the rolls can be made as per your choice. The number of rolls will vary on the size of the rolls made. (I had made this roll to be served in a wrap and hence have made them long). Refrigerate the rolls for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan. Put around tsp of oil on it and spread it. Now put prepared rolls in batches and cook them till golden from all sides on medium heat.
- Flip them on all the sides gently with the help of spatula and cook.
- The rolls are golden from all sides and are ready to serve.
- Serve them hot in a serving plate decorated with shredded cabbage and onions. Sprinkle chat masala and tandoori masala or the rolls and serve them with ketchup or dip or sauce or chutney of your choice. (These rolls can be used to make wraps or put them in hot dog bun with veggies and sauce of your choice and serve).